AuraCore Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Does this synopsis sound right?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
servomoore

servomoore

Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : Model/Secretary/Clerk
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Does this synopsis sound right? Empty
PostSubject: Does this synopsis sound right?   Does this synopsis sound right? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 4:57 pm

For those who have seen Get With The Times, I am filling out project information on it for WithoutABox, and they ask for a 250 word synopsis. Does this cover everything/sound pretentious?

"The film begins by showing how as far back as 1954, electricity was being applied to the pleasure centers of rats. It then shows the absurd nature of one of the first recorded attempts of applying electricity to a human's brain for the purpose of providing pleasure and the way this event was a disaster for mankind. We then see the two featured surgeons of this story perfect the surgery to an extent it is pitched as an elective surgery, and the American Medical Association's rejection of it in the face of financial pressure from powers that be. From there we go to an example of the surgery being performed on an everyman named Edward Stapleton. For humorous purpose, the surgery is initially problematic and results in faux paus. But when we next see our protagonist, his current lover is coming across him and disgusted by the surgery. However, he is content, and has the wherewithal to present his belief that the surgery has given him insight into the 'less efficient' nature of life outside the pleasure stimulation and explains advances in the surgery that make it viable for an active adult. His lover (now effectively an audience surrogate) rejects this, only to learn that the surgery is spreading in popularity. The story ends with her contemplating the situation, having taken in a few drinks, and responded with tipsy approval at a news report of the murder of a stranger whom had undergone the surgery."

Thanks for your time
Back to top Go down
jeinu

jeinu

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Does this synopsis sound right? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does this synopsis sound right?   Does this synopsis sound right? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 pm

sounds like it covers all the aspects to me!
Back to top Go down

Does this synopsis sound right?
Page 1 of 1