AuraCore Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
servomoore

servomoore

Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : Model/Secretary/Clerk
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll Empty
PostSubject: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:08 am

Hey, I found this guy named Jed Soriano who seemed to like Get With The Times enough he offered me a discount when I hired him to do the poster. He won't be available to do it for months, but that's fine since all the festivals are months away too.

Anyway, the idea we currently have is we'll do it like it's supposed to be a magazine advertisement for the surgical procedure offered by Narian Medical Systems, with someone good looking posed with a recent surgical scar and a monitor like that one Edward had attached to his chest also visible, so the perspective is going to be from slightly over the model looking down so that we can have a closeup with both in drawing. For simplicity, we were going to have it be Kelsey because she's reasonably attractive and a real marketing firm would probably use a female.

Also, to make the image not QUITE so unsettling to someone unfamiliar with what the cartoon, I think Kelsey needs to be smiling a lucid, sort of contained smile, more like a smirk than a big toothy grin. This way it looks more like the procedure makes you happy, but it's not like a lobotomy. Or do you think it would work better if it is like a big smile?

And the other thing of it is with her left hand, she be sort of gesturing to indicate the scar on her head more, or gesturing to indicate the monitor on her chest, or sort of in between? Or should her left hand not be gesturing towards either?

Wow, thanks for taking the time to read this monster post.
Back to top Go down
Tarienn

Tarienn

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:17 am

Hmm, I think maybe the smile should be a bit of an artificial one. Maybe a mix between genuine and a uncontrollable subtlety, similar to a disorienting effect of a lobotomy. Kind of adds to the effect that while the operation was desirable, it was also unnatural and is probably causing certain emotional anomalies.

For the gesture, my two cents would be for no gestures, since a lot of medical advertisements I've seen just have the face and upper torso of the "patient". Maybe something like this;

Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll 32614-Botox

Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll Advertisement
Back to top Go down
AJ
Admin
AJ

Number of posts : 101
Job/hobbies : Flash Artist and Animator.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am

Hmm, I think it's be cool to have her kind of smiling in a way that seems completely natural. Have her looking out as if she's one of those girls in a make up or hair product advertisement, and make it seem like she's perfect in everyway EXCEPT with a huge ass scar on the side of her head, maybe some blood dripping down, then a slogan like "You'll never be happier" or "Welcome to perfection" make it seem like it's an add to get the surgery, not an add for your movie. (It will of course do both though)
Back to top Go down
http://aura-core.com
servomoore

servomoore

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:26 am

Okay, her arms stay down. Jed will probably appreciate not having to do fingers anyway.

I don't like the bleeding wound idea: no advert is going to include that, it's going to far making the image covertly unpleasant.
Back to top Go down
servomoore

servomoore

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Well, he's done with the base image for it.

I was thinking we put like that Narian logo and Aura Core across the top and credits for it descending down the right side of the image.

Whaddya think?

Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll Get_with_the_Times_by_SeriojaInc
Back to top Go down
Tarienn

Tarienn

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Wow, I'm really liking that. The wide angle is really subtle and somewhat creepy. Kudos to the artist.

Let me know if you need me to do anything or if you need the logos.
Back to top Go down
servomoore

servomoore

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Could you please send me a still of that Narian medical logo you put in the preloader?

Also, would you just want me to use the Aura Core logo that looks like a flower blossom or is there a new one in the works?
Back to top Go down
Tarienn

Tarienn

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Gotcha, I emailed you the logos.

I included two versions of the auracore logo, feel free to use whichever.
Back to top Go down
servomoore

servomoore

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Thanks Tarienn.

Incidentally, I showed this to my aunt, and she said that the bald spot looked "like a cartoon bunny's ear!"

If Get With The Time is given a follow up toon or anything, that will be the slang term for the surgical scars. Think it will catch on?
Back to top Go down
Tarienn

Tarienn

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Don't know of many people getting head surgery at the moment, so I can't really tell em "so, I see you have a bunny ear now"

But if you post it on the internet trends do start. I've started many myself, although no one will ever know who started it...
oh well
Back to top Go down
Tarienn

Tarienn

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm

I just came up with an idea though!

The surgery for the implant could require incisions on both hemispheres of the brain, therefore leaving two "bunny ear" scars. That would leave a really memorable signature scar!

I amaze myself sometimes.
Back to top Go down
servomoore

servomoore

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 am

A guy (he didn't mention his name) came up to me after I showed this to some people and told me about how his wife had just had a brain tumor. He didn't sound mad, sad, or emotional at all.
Also, a guy online made a similar point to Jed Soriano, but he claimed to have been "moved" by this poster.

I know from people's wincing reactions in person and comments online that the brain surgery footage will gross them or make them wince, but I have to admit the idea it would strike any sort of emotional cord with people didn't occur to me.
Back to top Go down
Tarienn

Tarienn

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Hmmm, I guess it's just a matter on how the poster relates with the viewers past experiences. Each viewer will see the poster a different way, this can be used to your advantage if you specify a target audience and create something to get the reaction you want from that certain group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll   Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poster for Get With The Times- Pose Poll
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AuraCore Forum. :: All-Access :: Animation-
Jump to: