Share | 

Another Drawing Opinion Request- This one about abortion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
servomoore

Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : Model/Secretary/Clerk
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Another Drawing Opinion Request- This one about abortion    Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:42 pm

I hired Brittany Jackson of www.liol.deviantart.com to do an illustration for a story about a woman who intentionally becomes pregnant so that she can abort the fetus in the early second trimester. She does this because she is a Christian who believes that when a fetus has a functioning brain, that means it is imbued with a soul, and thus by having it aborted, she is insuring that a soul goes to heaven by default.
Obviously this is an interpretation of Christianity she cobbled together from what she happened to like about religion.

Now, she pitched these three versions of how to do the illustration, which I envisioned as her going into a clinic to schedule an abortion with a cheesy heavenly light on her like something out of "Touched By an Angel." Which of these three rough versions seems to convey the idea to you best?

Back to top Go down
dragons in space

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Another Drawing Opinion Request- This one about abortion    Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:08 pm

I actually believe it would be the best if all three were done in that sequence, but if you only feel like paying for one, I'd vote for the first.
Back to top Go down
Tarienn

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Another Drawing Opinion Request- This one about abortion    Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 am

I think i'd vote for the 3rd. It establishes what she intends to do well, and it also establishes that what she is doing is pretty controversial without having the abortion clinic take up most of the screen. It fits the story the best I think Joke
Back to top Go down
RobsonStudios

Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : Graphic Novelist
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Another Drawing Opinion Request- This one about abortion    Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:18 pm

definitely the first
Back to top Go down
servomoore

Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : Model/Secretary/Clerk

PostSubject: Re: Another Drawing Opinion Request- This one about abortion    Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Oh crap. She ended up doing it like this:

I guess this thread just wasted everyone's time.
Back to top Go down
RobsonStudios

Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : Graphic Novelist
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Another Drawing Opinion Request- This one about abortion    Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:06 pm

just crapped my pants, the coloring is AMAZING
Back to top Go down
Tarienn

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Another Drawing Opinion Request- This one about abortion    Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Nice! The coloring is superb!

I have to say I wasn't expecting it to come out like this Joke Thats a good thing! I like how that it doesn't throw in your face that she's getting her child aborted. It's very subtle and it takes a bit of time to realize she's at an abortion clinic since the name of the building is obscured. Very nice indeed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Drawing Opinion Request- This one about abortion    

Back to top Go down

Another Drawing Opinion Request- This one about abortion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1