Walt Disney's Atlas Shrugged- funny?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
servomoore

Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : Model/Secretary/Clerk
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Walt Disney's Atlas Shrugged- funny?    Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 am

I and some like-minded people had a project we were working out with Liron Peer (www.lironpeer.deviantart.com) as so often seems to happen with me the other people who were going to chip in for it pulled out and we're looking for a replacement project.

The favorite idea of me and my writing partner is the one of the title: a fake, one minute commercial for a cartoon of Ayn Rand's book. Now I find the book almost totally unreadable but as I understand it's recently become kind of fashionable again and it's been kind of a pseudo-intellectual cult hit for half a century now. As I further understand it's full of lots of beautiful cardboard cutout mouth pieces, which I think lends itself well to the worst aspects of Disney cartoons.

As for structure for this little thing, I guess we'd start out with some panoramas, show the beautiful characters in pretentious poses, show the villians, and maybe have one or two characters deliver some of the ridiculously clunky lines while using the music to imply that this rubbish is supposed to be inspirational (Like the heroine saying "You don't have to see through the eyes of others, hold onto yours, stand on your own judgment!")

Please excuse me for cluttering up this forum if no one has heard of this: I understand Ayn Rand's popularity is very American phenomenon and she's not held in any esteem outside of America.

Last edited by servomoore on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dragons in space

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Walt Disney's Atlas Shrugged- funny?    Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 am

I've never read it. I've played BioShock though, and considering all the Americans who think the writing in that is good, calling a bad philosophical book off of which it's partly based good isn't that far-fetched.

But are you actually going to try to make this or has it gone down the toilet?
Back to top Go down
servomoore

Number of posts : 29
Job/hobbies : Model/Secretary/Clerk

PostSubject: Re: Walt Disney's Atlas Shrugged- funny?    Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:55 am

We are currently getting the resources together to do A project, we just aren't sure it's going to be this one. So it's certainly not canceled, given that it hasn't even started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walt Disney's Atlas Shrugged- funny?    

Back to top Go down

Walt Disney's Atlas Shrugged- funny?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1